Team Events have everything regular Events have, with just a few extra features.
The main differences are outlined below. To access each section listed ("Event", "Teams", etc.) it is assumed that:
- You have joined your Team Event
- You can open the side menu and tap on the blue [Admin] button at the bottom.
- You can open the side menu again and see the Admin options
Most everything in the Event section is explained in the How to Setup an Event article, with the exception of the NEW Team Management section, described below:
- Enable Public Team Management - checking this option allows players to create and manage their own teams. As an Admin, you will still be able to edit player-created teams, create your own teams, and move players to different teams if necessary (See Players section below for info on moving players, and the How to Play a Team Event article to see what public team management will look like on the player side).
- Min Players per Team - this forces player-created teams to have at least X number of members before they can start completing challenges in the event
- Max Players per Team - this forces player-created teams to have at most Y number of members that can participate in the event
NEW Teams section
How to Manually Create a Team (for Admins)
- Tap on the [+] button to add a new team. By default, its name is randomly generated.
- Tap on the team in the list to edit it.
- Enter in a new name for your Team
- Enter a text description explaining what the Team is about.
- Upload a 500x500 profile photo for the Team.
- Minimum number of players - similar to the Team Management options in the Event Details, this forces the team to have at least X number of members before they can start completing challenges in the event
- Set a maximum number of team members allowed - checking this option allows you to limit the maximum number of players on a team
- Maximum number of players - similar to the Team Management options in the Event Details, this forces the team to have at most Y number of members that can participate in the event
- Bonus points can be awarded by Challenge or by Player (see How to Add Bonus Points) but in Team Events, they can also be added to a team's overall score.
- Simply type in the number of points you would like to add, then tap [Update] to save your change.
- As noted in the How to Add Bonus Points article, if you would like to add more bonus points, simply add them to the previous number. For example, if you gave a team 10 bonus points, and would like to give them 10 more, change the number to 20 and tap [Update]. This was designed so you always know the total Bonus Points that were directly added to a team's point total.
Join QR Code
- If you left Enable Public Team Management unchecked in the Event Details, players who've already joined the event will need a second join code to enter in so that they can join a specific team.
- Simply type in what you'd like the code for the team to be and tap [Update].
- Players can either type in the code (in the screenshot shown below, they would need to type in "RED"), or scan the generated QR Code. You can tap [Download] to save an image of the QR code to your device and distribute it as needed.
- Once you're all done filling out the details for your event, tap the blue [UPDATE] button at the very bottom to save all your changes.
- Note that the yellow [UPDATE] button in the Bonus Points section will only save updates to the Bonus Points field
- Using this option will delete all of a team's data, including the former team members' progress on their challenges and all content from the Feed, Team Chat and Leaderboard.
- Players who were on teams that have been deleted have the option of joining another team, but as mentioned in the previous point, all their work in the deleted team will be lost
How to Assign a Player to a Team
- Tap on the Pencil icon next to the player you would like to edit
- Scroll down to the Team section
- Under Select Team, tap on the dropdown menu to view the list of teams
- Tap on your desired team
- If you checked Enable Public Team Management in the Event Details, you can check the box next to Team Manager if you would like the player to be able to accept or reject potential team members
- NOTE: For a team to show up in the list of existing teams for players to join, it must have at least 1 member that is a Team Manager. While this usually isn't an issue for teams created by players, if an Admin creates a team, they will need to manually assign this.
- Tap [Update] to save your change
Challenge setup is the same as regular events, with the exception of the NEW Team Scoring section, described below:
- Do not require a minimum number of members to complete the challenge - this allows any number of players on the team to complete the challenge. For scoring purposes, it simply adds together the scores of all the team members who completed the challenge to use as the team score.
- All Required to complete - this forces all team members to complete the challenge
- N Required to complete - this allows you to set a minimum number of team members to complete the challenge. To use this option, both of the previous checkboxes must be unchecked. For scoring purposes, it will add together the N highest scores to use as the team score.
- Use only N lowest scores - if All Required to complete is checked, this allows you to set the N lowest scores to add together and use as the team score. Otherwise, for scoring purposes, it simply uses the highest score achieved by a team member to use as the team score.
To see how this appears to your players, check out the How to Play a Team Event article's How to Complete Challenges section.
NEW Team Leaderboard section
- In regular events, there is only one Leaderboard section where you can view the top scores for the players in your event. The information in this Leaderboard is the same as what the players can see if they tap on [Social] --> [Leaderboard]
- However, in Team Events, players DO NOT see individual scores when they tap on [Social] --> [Leaderboard]. Instead, the see the same information as what is in the new Team Leaderboard section
- As an Admin, you can still see individual scores in the regular Leaderboard section
- In regular events, you can already view and export data for Badges and Challenges.
- We've created a new report for Team Events that allows you to see how many team members have completed each challenge.
- Please note that you can only download the data to a file using Eventzee's Web App -- otherwise you will not see the button to download in the top-right corner, as shown in the screenshot below. As the data will be exported in the .csv format, it is recommended that you do so on a laptop or desktop computer.