Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information in a number of ways in connection with your use of the Barnes Nation app. The personal information we may collect includes:
• user account information provided to us by Facebook, Twitter, and on our website when you register with our Barnes Nation app through those sites;
• your geographical location as provided to us by your mobile phone;
• the actions you take and challenges you complete in the games and applications offered through the Barnes Nation app;
• the content you supply through the Barnes Nation app, such as your posts, photos and videos.
Use of Personal Information
We generally use your personal information for the following purposes, and otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law:
• communicating with you and providing you with information the use of our Barnes Nation app;
• customizing the advertising and content you see;
• improving the performance and utility of our Barnes Nation app;
• generally managing and administering our business;
• preventing and prosecuting fraud; and
• meeting legal, regulatory, insurance and security requirements.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances, and otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law:
• when you submit content in connection with challenges or otherwise complete a challenge in a game, your response and location is stored on the map for that game, but only if you have provided permission on your mobile phone. If you are using a public game, this information is made publicly available. If you are using a private game, only the users with access to that game may see this information;
• we may disclose your submissions by publicly displaying them, incorporating them into marketing materials, advertisements and allowing other users to distribute the same in connection with their own websites, media platforms, and applications;
• to third parties as we deem necessary or appropriate to prevent, limit or otherwise prosecute fraud; and
• as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements.
Cookies and Tracking Devices
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record-keeping purposes. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies on our websites and applications. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We set a persistent cookie to only store your username, so you don't have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file. If you reject cookies, you may still use the Barnes Nation app, but your ability to use some areas, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
We and our third party web analytics providers also employ a software technology called clear gifs (also known as web beacons or web bugs), that help us better manage content on the Barnes Nation app by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personal information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Barnes Nation app Providers
We use the services of various third party companies and contractors (referred to here as “service providers”) in the conduct of our business. These service providers provide us with information technology services for our software applications, marketing and survey services and other essential services. These service providers may, from time to time, collect, use, store, disclose and process personal information on our behalf. These service providers are located in the United States and also in Canada and, as a result, your personal information may be stored, processed or transferred into or out of these countries. We take all reasonable measures and precautions to protect your personal information when it is being handled by our service providers. If you wish to obtain more information on our use of service providers and our policies and practices regarding such service providers, please contact us as set forth below.
We may use and disclose your personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, sale or other business transaction involving part or all of our business or assets. Such use and disclosure would be for the purpose of allowing third parties to determine whether to proceed with the proposed transaction, submitting payments, and if the transaction proceeds, for the purpose of completing the transaction. Assignees or successors to our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this policy.
By providing us with personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified in this policy or otherwise at the time of collection. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure at any time, provided that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Sweepstakes, Contests, Promotions and Surveys
From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests, surveys and other promotions. Any information submitted in connection with such activities will be treated in accordance with this policy, except as specifically set forth in the rules, terms or conditions for those sweepstakes, contests, surveys or promotions.
Personal information transmitted to our website is through 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, which creates a private conversation between your computer and our site. No method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and as such we cannot guarantee absolute security for the transmission of your personal information.
Access and Contacting Us
If you wish to request access to your personal information or have any other questions, concerns or complaints regarding our personal information policies and practices, please contact us as follows:
Data Privacy Officer